Asset management solutions
Infrastructure assets managers are constantly under pressure to deliver better and innovative services to their users, with high reliability, while constantly reducing operating costs and optimizing investments. Modern Asset management systems now embrace Information Technology (IT), Operational Technology (OT) and Engineering Technology (ET). Using digital twins, data from operations (meters, sensors and other intelligent devices), analysis of the history and predictions for the future, EAM solutions make it possible to manage assets strategically during each stage of their lifecycle. SAMO can pull together all that information and make sense of it.
Asseco has been gathering experience in asset management systems since 1991, when the first specific component of Enterprise Asset Management was developed and implemented to a user. The new generation of our EAM system, SAMO, gains from common development with users, applies the worldwide best practices and utilizes the latest technologies.
SAMO is an asset centric solution which supports a variety of business critical activities during operations and maintenance, faults, outages, work management or investments process. SAMO modules support a coordinated schedule of maintenance and repair tasks, applying rules for inspections, recommend an optimal use of funds, manage investment projects workflow and offer many other functionalities.
On top of the modules for daily operations, SAMO utilizes the data to apply advanced methods of Strategic Asset Management like Risk Assessment, Asset Integrity or operations optimization. SAMO integrates heterogeneous data sources into a homogenous base of information for analysis, simulations, predictions and interactive reports.
Comprehensive support to achieve short-term and long-term company targets.
OPEX and CAPEX optimization via shared operational and long-term tasks across company departments.
Increased decision objectivity through transparent methodologies and models for qualified predictions.
Tools for Advanced Asset Management in the area of Risk Assessment and Asset Integrity.
Support of a simulating different scenarios on the future development of assets.
Common environment for Operations and Maintenance, Work Management and Investments.
Single source of comprehensive asset documentation.
Interconnection of technical and economic data.
Unique basis for evaluation of the technical condition of distribution assets relying on historical data and selected criteria.
Compliance with legislative demands like statements for the regulatory office or license renewal submissions.
SAMO supports both the traditional (on-premise) and the cloud environment, incl. SaaS business model.
SAMO could be a useful enabler for good Asset Management in compliance to ISO 55000.
Easy-to-use user interface.
Responsive design optimized for mobile devices and web browsers.
The modularity of the system makes it possible to incorporate existing user applications into the target Asset Management solution as well as to implement only certain SAMO modules which can be easily integrated with other solutions into a functional unit (e.g. with SAP solutions, different SCADA systems or EAM).
- SAMO Platform
- SAMO Asset Register
- SAMO Asset Lifecycle
- SAMO Asset Lifecycle modules
- SAMO 360°
- SAMO Portal
- SAMO Platform based on the microservice architecture (MSA) concept is a framework for creation of an application logic driven by metadata. The components communicate via open standards and protocols. SAMO Platform enables to make disparate applications and systems work together consistently to support end-to-end business processes – by exchanging information and executing transactions smoothly, reducing redundancy and duplication of data and operating as if they were a single system.
- SAMO is a metadata driven environment. The implementation consists in setting necessary configurations (or metadata) of its components (objects and processes). All the functionality is available either in an online or an offline mode.
- SAMO Implementation Methodology is a repeatable and successful project methodology for implementing SAMO solutions. It is an optimum and valid strategy for transfer of the system into a customer’s environment.
- SAMO applications can be adjusted and developed independently by user teams. SAMO natively provides all the business logic via documented API (REST, WMS, WFS, etc.) which could be also published through a web interface as an OpenAPI.
- SAMO is an asset centric solution which begins with impeccable technical records and accurate, up-to-date documentation of company assets and facilities in the Asset Register.
- Asset Register provides an overview of the technical properties of each asset/facility, geospatial location, conditions regarding operational status, relationships among them as well as relation to other aspects of its real surroundings.
- Asset Register collects asset related records into a database, incl. additional documentation in separate files, such as 2D/3D CAD files, schemas, technical manuals, layouts, technical certificates, attests, maps, etc.
- The database also contains history of technical records, i.e. maintains records of what service actions were performed and when and why or records of changing status, facility location, etc.
- Asset Register provides plentiful tools to create, update, query, analyze, share and distribute asset.
SAMO provides tools to support complex asset management during the stages of its lifecycle. SAMO lifecycle modules embrace the Asset Register and extend asset documentation records containing data about “events” (faults, planned maintenance, etc.). These modules are designed to support core business processes related to company assets. The aim of these modules is to continuously optimize costs of development, construction and maintenance, reduce the waiting time for repairs and the outage duration, minimize losses caused by failures of medium supply and offer possibilities for optimization of corporate resources and reserves.
Operations to cover daily tasks of operations and maintenance, incl. rules definition, work orders requirements, management of faults, control of outages, etc.
Work management for work and resource management, collecting all work requirements, creating an optimized work task, assigning resources, supporting its execution in the field and delivering a work report to update relevant data.
Investments to manage investment workflow from initial suggestion, through approval process to implementation of the particular project, applying BIM principles and related standards to internal and external participants.
Advanced Asset Management to support strategic activities in the area of maintenance, such as Reliability Management and Risk Policy (RCM, RBI), Asset Performance and Asset Integrity Management (Health Index), and to cover outputs from other third-party expert tools for simulations and predictions.
Portal and Communication capabilities to streamline collaboration and communication workflow and processes, connecting relevant parties e.g. via portal solutions to share or collect data within or outside the company with the right data at the right time.
Integration and common functionality of integration capabilities of each SAMO components as well as enable to use data from another systems or technical equipment to support IoT data exchanges. This module also takes care of a library of related standards, their applicability, validity and other related activities.
SAMO 360° is based on an architecture that delivers data and metadata to data consumers in support of decision making, reporting, and data retrieval, whereby data and metadata stores are decoupled from the data consumers through a metadata-driven layer to increase flexibility and whereby data and metadata are presented in a subject-oriented, integrated, time-variant, and reproducible style.
SAMO Portal represents a modern process focusing on technology for implementation of portal, mobile and integration solutions. It offers tools for standardizing and automating company processes, efficient monitoring of these processes and providing services in the 24/7 mode resulting in significant cost savings.